Business Continuity | What’s the problem?
Hundreds of businesses fail each year as the result of unplanned disruptions. But even in the face of compelling statistics many businesses fail to take the risk of disruptions seriously and they pay a heavy price.
Did you know…
- More than half of organisations suffered at least one disruption during 2013 with extreme weather, staffing issues and loss of IT/telecommunications most often to blame.*
- While 89% of managers recognised business continuity is a key responsibility, only 63% reported having continuity measures in place.*
- Organisations impacted by snow during early 2013 experienced an average financial loss of as much as £52,770 as a result.*
*Source: Weathering The Storm; 2013 Business Continuity Management Survey, Chartered Management Institute, London.
Most disruptions are not the kind that make headlines. Public transport strikes, excavators slicing through cables, gas leaks, security alerts and localised power cuts are are much more likely to affect your business than anything more serious.
What’s the solution?
We have a range of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions to keep your business working through any unforeseen circumstances.
If you have to move offices temporarily through emergencies or routine maintenance, our Business Continuity services can provide instantaneous rerouting of your telephone numbers to backup locations or to mobiles. Your business continues seamlessly throughout.
What are the benefits?
- Prevent contingencies putting the brakes on your business
- We look after your numbers while you manage them online
- Design your own call plans
- Divert your regular numbers to any location, instantly
What features are included?
- Online number management portal
- Virtually unlimited* call divert minutes to standard UK landlines and mobiles
- Call Divert (rings an alternative number if busy or not answered within a certain time)
- Time/Day Routing
- Announcement upload facility for welcome message or voicemail greetings
- Comprehensive Disaster Recovery options
- Mobile app to manage your numbers on the go
- Advanced Call Statistics to view and analyse inbound calls in near real-time
*includes a fair usage allowance of 10,000 minutes per month when connected to a UK landline or 2,000 minutes per month when connected to a UK mobile. Additional minutes are charged at our standard rate.
Can use my existing phone number with the Business Continuity service?
Yes, and there’s no extra charge to port your BT number to our network. If you’re with another network contact us to check that you can transfer your number.
Can I have a new phone number?
Yes, we can offer you a local 01 or 02 number from any exchange in the UK, or alternatively a non-geographic 08 or 03 number.
How much does it cost?
The cost of our all inclusive Business Continuity package is £25 per month (or £250 p.a. if paid yearly in advance) plus a one-off setup fee of £50.
All prices exclude VAT. Standard contract initial term: 24 months.